Attend the AthElite Dance summer camp in 2016! The camp will be held at Momentum Female Fitness Center on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg. In addition to improving dance technique, the girls will be participating in fitness classes such as Body Combat (kickboxing), Zumba, RPM (Cycling) Total Tone, Circuit Training, etc. – all designed to help the girls become stronger, more athletic dancers. Please take note that space is limited, so sign up fast – $300 per dancer, or register and pay by May 1st, and save $30! Ask about the sister discount!
Note: If you plan to audition for the 2016-2017 AthElite Competition Team, attendance of at least 50% of the camp is essential for skill building and endurance training!
Read on and download the brochure and registration form!
Summer Dance Clinic for Technique and Conditioning
Interested in getting those crunched toe touches and landing those turns?! You have found the right place!
LOCATION: Momentum Female Fitness Center, 5103 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, Pa 17050
WHEN: 6 weeks starting the week of June 20th and ending the week of July 25th.
WHAT: Perfecting skills; leaps, turns, jumps (toe touches), and other tricks. Participation in conditioning classes and injury prevention. Promotes muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, and core strength
- Beginner/Intermediate: Tuesdays and Thursdays 5-7 pm | In addition to fitness conditioning, this dancer will be introduced to fun choreography, turns (singles/doubles/basic fouettes), leaps (split and straddle), and jumps/tricks (toe touches)
- Advanced: Mondays and Wednesdays 11:30 am-1:30 pm | In addition to fitness conditioning, this dancer should already have a broad understanding of dance technique and will be introduced to complex choreography and more advanced turns (doubles, triples, fouettes), leaps (switches, switch opens), and jumps/tricks (toe touches, around the worlds, pikes)
If you’re unsure about your level, please don’t hesitate to ask!)
INSTRUCTORS: Abby Policastro, Lindsey Tedesco, and Laura Chau
- Abby Policastro: Towson University Dance Team Alum 2000-2003 and won 3 National Championships and 2 Grand National Championships, BS Exercise Science, an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, Certified in Les Mills BodyAttack, BodyStep, and BodyJam. Also, Zumba, Piloxing, and TRX Certified
- Lindsey Tedesco: Danced for 17 years, was a dance teacher for 8 years, coach of IUP Dance Explosion for 2 years, and a member for 3 years
- Laura Chau: Former AthElite dancer, 10 years dance experience, 1 year coaching assistant and 1 year dance choreographer. Attending University of Pittsburgh, majoring in Health Information Management.
TO REGISTER: Spread the word and sign up fast!! **Limited space available!! Cost is $300 per dancer** (payment due at sign up). Ask about the sister discount! **EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: SIGN UP AND PAY BY MAY 1st-$270**
Print out the 2016 Summer Dance Flyer, and send it to 33 Highland Drive, Camp Hill, Pa 17011 with payment! (Please make checks payable to Momentum.)
Invite your friends, fellow dancers — it’s going to be a ton of fun!
Contact AthElite Dance with any questions!